How to Prep Your Skin for Cooler Months
As the weather starts to cool down, it’s time to put away your bikinis, shorts and other warm-weather wear and pull your comfy, cozy sweaters and sweatpants to the front of your closet. But did you know you should use the same logic when it comes to your skincare routine and products?
The long days of summer can take a toll on your skin. But the truth is, so can the cooler months. You’re probably thinking, “I JUST finished perfecting my skincare routine!” Pivoting your routine can be frustrating when you’ve finally gotten your skin right where you want it to be; however, even well-balanced skin can take a turn in the midst of dry, winter air which can cause the skin to dehydrate, flake and dull.
As the weather outside starts to cool down, it may be time for you to make some adjustments to your daily skincare regimen. So what do you need to do to prepare and care for winter skin? Here are a few tips:
- Get a humidifier - staying indoors more during the cooler months can drain moisture from your skin. The good news is, humidifiers can help replenish moisture in your skin.
- Exfoliate - dryness and flaking are bound to happen in the cooler months. Exfoliation can restore your glow! You can exfoliate with our Purifying 2-in-1 Pumpkin Pore Detox Mask & Scrub a couple of times a week or choose daily exfoliation with any of our cleansing bars.
- Moisturize - you should always be moisturizing after cleaning your skin. Also, make sure you are still wearing an SPF. Since sunscreen is a year-round necessity, an SPF moisturizer is a great skincare staple to have. Try our Complexion Protection Moisturizer Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF or DermShield All Day Sun Protection Mattifying Moisturizer.
- Boost your routine - skin becomes dull during the cooler months. This is the perfect time to add a Vitamin C serum to boost your glow! Vitamin C serums can help your skin appear more youthful-looking and improve the appearance of dark marks. Check out our Super C Brightening Serum featuring 20% L-Ascorbic Acid or our Even Tone Super Glow Serum featuring 10% L-Ascorbic Acid.
- Protect your lips - one area of your skin that you may forget to protect during the summer months. Your everyday go-to may not do the trick during wintertime. Quench your lips’ thirst with our Hydrating Lip Treatment in the morning, as needed throughout the day and at night before bed. (You may even want to try a sugar scrub before applying your hydrating lip balm!)
- Cut back on shower time - if you have a weakness for long, hot showers during the cooler months, you’re not alone. But exposing winter skin to hot water can make winter skin conditions worse.
‘Tis the season! Make these adjustments to your skincare routine as we head into the cooler weather months to maintain your glow-up all year long! For other information on skincare essentials, tips, and products, check out the Glow-Up Guide often.