Even Tone Everywhere! Urban Skin Rx® Expands to Fifth Retailer
Since our formation, the mission at Urban Skin Rx has been to recognize, represent and advocate for accessible clinical skincare for diverse skin tones with the greater goal to create a world in which we can all feel beautiful, confident and empowered by the skin we're in.
In this blog post, we’re focusing on accessibility. Creating the most innovative clinical skincare products on the market for diverse skin tones is only as beneficial as it is possible for our glowgetters™ to find them! So, where can you find our expansive product line? Keep reading to find out!
Did you know Urban Skin Rx® is in FIVE retailers?
That’s right! Since our formation in 2010, our Founder, Rachel Roff, and her team have made it their priority to make our products accessible to those suffering from a wide range of skin conditions such as uneven skin tone all over the world.
We started by launching our three famous cleansing bars in 275 Target locations. Followed by launches in Ulta Beauty and CVS Pharmacy in 2019. And in 2020, Urban Skin Rx® pushes the boundaries of reach even further by expanding to all Target and ULTA stores while also launching in Walmart. It doesn’t stop there! The fifth retailer added in 2021? Drum roll, please...Walgreens!
Urban Skin Rx® launches in Walgreens
During a time when many businesses were forced to close locations, decrease investments, hold back on partnerships or shut down altogether due to COVID-19, we are proud to say Urban Skin Rx® has not only survived but excelled.
2021 ushered in our Walgreens launch to achieve over 10K retail doors in the United States! Thus, kicking off our “Even Tone Everywhere” campaign! A campaign that represents our commitment to strengthen our presence in diverse cities to ensure that multicultural clinical skincare, particularly those that even skin tone, can be found at most major retail outlets.
Why is Walgreens such a big deal for our brand? Our Founder and CEO, Rachel Roff, explains it best:
“I am often asked why I named my brand ‘Urban’ and the answer is I wanted a name that represented diversity. After growing up in an urban area like San Francisco, I felt it was the perfect name. In urban areas, you find all ethnicities, cultures, religions and socio-economic backgrounds which is about as diverse as it gets!
Walgreens fits perfectly into the mission of Urban Skin Rx® because this retailer provides a whole new level of accessibility because their store locations are in so many urban areas unlike retailers like Target and Walmart. This is a huge move for the company, but the impact of access to inclusive options for our customers is the real win!”
Shop glow-to’s for clear and even-looking skin at Walgreens
What will you find in Walgreens while you’re checking off your shopping list or picking up a prescription? The initial Walgreens assortment will consist of seven hero products from the brand, with three more bestsellers added during phase two of the expansion in October 2021.
Those products include these even tone and clear skin favorites:
- Even Tone Cleansing Bar - 3-in-1 cleanser, mask and exfoliator for normal skin types. Reduces the appearance of dark marks and hyperpigmentation.
- Clear Skin Cleansing Bar - 3-in-1 cleanser, mask and exfoliator for oily, blemish-prone skin. Removes excess oil and improves the look of blemishes.
- Retinol Rapid Repair & Dark Spot Treatment - A nighttime serum powered by Kojic Acid and Niacinamide to improve the look of dark spots, post-acne marks, hyperpigmentation and aging skin.
- Even Tone Super Glow Serum - A brightening and antioxidant powerhouse that improves the look of dark spots, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Complexion Protection SPF 30 Moisturizer - A dual-action, non-pore clogging moisturizer and sunscreen that tones and hydrates the complexion while providing advanced broad-spectrum sun protection.
- Even Tone Smooth & Glow Enzyme Mask - This radiance-boosting enzyme mask exfoliates and renews dull, uneven skin. Improves the look of fine lines, blemishes and dark marks for a healthy-looking, glowing complexion.
- Even Tone Essentials Starter Kit - Includes the must-haves to kickstart your even tone regimen.
- BrighterDays™ Dark Spot 8% AHA Polish - Dual-action exfoliating scrub and treatment mask formulated to buff, smooth & brighten the look of dark spots & uneven skin tone.
- Clear & Even Tone Clarifying Glycolic Pads - These pads effectively exfoliate dead skin cells, promote even-looking skin tone, reduce excess oil and leave behind a skin cleansing formula!
- Acne and Blemish Control Mask - This dual-action treatment mask fights acne, prevents future breakouts and improves the look of dark spots left behind by acne.
Stop by Walgreens to pick these up or shop online at UrbanSkinRx.com for these and more.
Find us in a retailer near you!
Your glow-up awaits! Find a retailer nearest you by visiting our Store Locator and entering your city or postal/zip code. Looking for a particular product? You will find a fairly comprehensive list of the products available at each of our retailers beneath the store locator. Even-looking skin just got way easier!
For other information on skincare conditions, tips and products, check out the Glow-Up Guide often!