Treat Yourself to an At-Home Spa Experience
After a long day at work, you’d probably love to drive straight from the office to the spa for a relaxing treatment. Unfortunately, time and money can often get in the way. If those are dilemmas you face, I’ve got great news! Thanks to Urban Skin Rx, you can now add a spa-level treatment to your skincare routine. The Dermapeel Smooth & Glow Treatment is a two-step system designed to eliminate fine facial hair, remove dead skin cells and help treatment serums or peels penetrate the skin deeper.
So now when you’ve had a long day, you can swap girls’ night for a spa night in, featuring a glass of wine, bubble bath and professional spa treatment all from the comfort of your home.
How does it work?
This aesthetician-approved product is an at-home spa treatment complete with three Dermaplaning Tools and twelve Complexion Correction Chemical Peel pads. At first, you may be intimidated by the single edge blade attached to the tool. And while you should approach any professional tool with caution, once you try using it, you’ll realize it’s safe and simple to use.
After washing your face, you’ll remove the plastic tip of the dermaplaning tool. With one hand, you’ll want to pull your skin taut while you use your free hand to bring the tool to your cheek. Applying light pressure, you’ll use short, gentle strokes in an upward direction to shed hair and dead skin cells. After you’ve done this on your entire face, you’ll simply use a chemical peel pad to exfoliate.
In just one use, you’ll notice your skin is brighter and softer than ever!
The benefits of dermaplaning
Unless you’ve been to a medspa, you probably don’t know very much about dermapeels or facials. But there’s a wide range of benefits that might just convince you to give this at-home treatment a try. The Dermapeel Smooth & Glow Treatment system is designed to:
- Improve the appearance of uneven skin tone
- Reduce the appearance of blemishes
- Remove dead skin cells for healthier skin
- Exfoliate skin for a smoother feel
- Remove fine facial hair
In 10-15 minutes, you can get rid of your stache, clear away dry, dead skin, and brighten your skin. Before you know it, this two-step process will become a regular part of your skincare routine.
Tips from an amateur dermaplaner
Now, what would I look like not practicing what I preach? I decided to give this medispa treatment a try. Considering that I’d never gotten a dermapeel treatment before, I was nervous and excited all at once. Here are my takeaways:
- Don’t be afraid of the blade. It’s actually not as sharp as I thought it would be, but it definitely works and if you’re gentle and use it responsibly, you’ll realize the experience is as easy as shaving your legs.
- That being said, I found that stroking my skin with the blade at an angle produced better (visible shedding of skin and hair) results.
- Follow directions closely. When I felt like I couldn’t see anything being grabbed by the blade, I went back over areas I’d already touched and that’s where I noticed more irritation after the treatment was complete.
- After exfoliating with the chemical pads, I was worried the redness wouldn’t disappear. But when it did, I was impressed with the look and feel of my skin. It’s safe to say, I’ll be using it again.
Don’t just take my word for it. Even if you’ve never tried a treatment like this before, this system is simple and easy to follow. Get your glow up like the pros without ever leaving your home.
For other tips and product line suggestions, visit our Glow-Up Guide!