It’s officially winter! The holiday season may look different this year, but one thing that remains the same is the weather. As the temperature and air have started to change, you may have noticed that the glow you had during the warmer months of fall has begun to fade.
The cold days of winter can leave your skin feeling dehydrated and flaky even when you’re working from home or stuck in the house! That’s why it’s essential to make a few adjustments to your skincare regimen so you can glow into the new year with the confidence that at least you have one thing you can depend on in 2021 - a beautiful complexion!
Now for the nitty-gritty. What do you need to do to winterize your skincare routine? Here are a few tips:
- Exfoliate and cleanse without drying out the skin - While it’s important during the winter months to exfoliate, it’s equally important to avoid stripping your skin of critical essential oils. Double-check that your go-to cleanser and exfoliator are hydrating to avoid drying out your skin. This also applies to your body products.
- Moisturize your ashy-looking skin away - Right about now you’re feeling ashy from your head to your toes. It’s time to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. If you’ve still been using a lighter weight moisturizer during the fall months, now’s the time to up the ante with a heavier cream moisturizer.
- Don’t stow away your SPF moisturizer - You may be staying inside more and working from home, but now’s not the time to skip out on your sunscreen. UVA, UVB and blue light (from your computer and cell phone) can still cause environmental stress on your skin, so make sure you’re still applying this extra layer of protection and hydration.
- Boost your routine with serums - Build on hydration and boost your glow by committing to applying your serums, especially the ones powered by Antioxidants and Vitamin C to help boost protection and brightness!
- Apply lip balm often - Chapped lips are what glowgetter™ nightmares are made of! Arm yourself with a lip protectant and moisturizer that will keep your lips looking hydrated and supple. There’s no such thing as too much lip balm. Anytime you feel your lips getting dry, pull it out and apply!
- Cut back on shower time - You’re not the only one seeking a hot shower for solace when it’s cold outside. But exposing winter skin to hot water for long periods of time can further reduce the oils in your skin and may make some dry skin conditions feel worse.
- Get a humidifier - We’ve said it before, we’ll say it again. Even if you’re staying indoors during the cooler months, dehydration is still a thing. If the air is feeling extra dry inside your home, snag a humidifier to help replenish moisture in your skin.
Don’t let cold weather block your glow-up or your skin resolutions! Winterize your skincare regimen to keep your skin glowing all season long! For other information on skincare essentials, tips, and products, check out the Glow-Up Guide often.