Urban Skin Rx® is Awarding Two Scholarships to Become Licensed Aestheticians
Are you crazy about skincare? Is it your dream to become a Licensed Aesthetician? Urban Skin Rx® wants to make that dream come true!
We’re proud to partner with The Academy of Goal Achievers to award two full scholarships to BIPOC students to the Academy of Nail Technology & Esthetics in Charlotte, NC!
Urban Skin Rx® was born from the need for skincare products for diverse skin tones. After receiving her aesthetician license, Rachel Roff quickly discovered the lack of education and services available for treating common concerns and conditions like hyperpigmentation seen in darker skin tones.
Rachel has made it her life’s mission to make the skincare industry more inclusive. Earlier this year, Urban Skin Rx® launched the Melanin Experts® Movement to create awareness and share education and resources for positive change for people with skin of color. These scholarships are part of our continued commitment to this movement.
Two people will receive:
- A full scholarship to the Academy of Nail Technology & Esthetics in Charlotte, NC ($7,500 covers the full tuition cost)
- Funds to cover the cost of the required uniform ($200 for required scrubs)
- Funds to cover the cost of the state licensing exam ($115)
- Six monthly mentoring sessions with Urban Skin Rx® founder Rachel Roff
- Internship opportunity at Urban Skin Rx®
Applications are being accepted now through May 31 with recipients announced by the end of June.
Apply now and tell us why you want to be an aesthetician and how you plan to use those skills to give back to underserved communities.